To keep your child healthy and strong, campers will receive three nutritional, well-balanced meals a day, as well as, an afternoon and evening snack. Star Lake Camp follows the guidelines set by the U.S.D.A. Summer Food Service Program. This program ensures that the menu is balanced in both nutrition and amounts served for each child.
Facts about our food preparation and service:
- Chicken Nuggets are baked white breast meat with a zesty wheat flour breading
- Sun chips are used as an alternate to potato chips
- Snacks are made up of healthier Nutrigrain and Granola bars
- Bread is order from a local bread company and delivered daily
- Fresh meats are provided by Wayne Meats Corporation
- Individual baby carrots, individual apple wedges and raisins are provided as well as other fresh fruits for lunch desserts.
- Lowfat milk and 1% Chocolate milk are provided at each meal
- Salt is limited when possible
- Canned fruit is also used as dessert (i.e. Fruit Cocktail, Mandarin Oranges or Sliced Peaches)
- Gelatin desserts are sugar free
French toast, Sausage, Pineapple Orange Juice, and Cereal//Scrambled Eggs, Ham, English Muffin, Orange Juice, and Cereal//Pancakes with Chocolate Chips, Whipped Topping, Bacon, Apple Juice and Cereal
Chick Fillet, Buffalo Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, French Fries, Fresh Oranges, and Cookies// Grilled Cheese, Fresh Fruit, Tossed Salad, Pretzels, and Yougurt Cup//Meatball Sub Sandwich with Parmesean Cheese, French Fries, Apple Sauce, Cookies
Pizza, French Fries, Carrot & Celery Sticks, Cookies//Hamburger, Hot Dog, Chips, Baked Beans, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, and Watermelon// Ravioli (meat/cheese) in Pasta Sauce, Tossed Salad, Breadsticks, and Apple Pie