New Jersey Youth Camp Standards mandate that the camp director shall conduct and document preseason orientation and training for the staff. The camp director shall include the following in the orientation, verbal discussion and printed materials on policies and procedures, including, but not limited to:
- Personnel policies and practices;
- Job descriptions;
- Disciplinary policies;
- Basic principles of emergency first aid, blood borne pathogens, infection control, and hand washing practices;
- Emergency procedures;
- Daily health surveillance procedures;
- Lost camper policies;
- Lost swimmer policies;
- Issues related to child abuse prevention and neglect and
- Any other expectations of the camp director, as applicable.
Star Lake camp's commitment to provide a safe and nurturing environment for your children goes beyond New Jersey State’s mandated licensing requirements, American Camp Association (ACA) accredits our camp, a cornerstone of the ACA’s efforts is its Accreditation process – a way of grading how camps are doing. The standards against which camps are measured ensure that each camp complies with approximately 300 distinct health, safety, and program quality benchmarks.